Julia Woodhall-Melnik is a Post-Doctoral Fellow working with Dr. Dunn.
- Centre for Research on Inner City Health, Achieve Program (2013-2015)
- McMaster University & Wesley Urban Ministries (2013-2014)
Previous courses taught:
- Work and Health Across the Lifecourse (UWO)
- Sociology of Work (UW)
- Research Methods (UG)
- Social Welfare (UG)
Areas of interest:
- Health, housing
- overweight and obesity
- precarious work
List of Publications:
- Woodhall-Melnik, J. (2013). ?Housing, Health, and Women?s Well-being: Exploring Housing Stability in Women Housed Through Ontario?s Special Priority Policy.? Centre for Research on Inner City Health & the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care: Toronto, ON.
- Cooke, M., Woodhall, J., and McWhirter, J. (2013). ?The Social and Health Service Needs of Aboriginal Peoples in Smaller Urban Centres in Southern Ontario: A Synthesis Paper for Service Agencies.? Population Change and Lifecourse Strategic Knowledge Cluster Discussion Paper Series, Vol. 1 (1).
- Woodhall-Melnik, Julia R. (2013). ?An Incomplete Picture: Recommendations for the Development of Canadian Social Housing Research.? Housing Services Corporation: Toronto, ON.
- Warnaar, G. and Woodhall, J. (2012). ?SPP Impact Study Phase One, Step Two: Examining the Success of Special Priority Policy Placements.? Research Working Group & Housing Services Corporation: Toronto, Ontario.
- Woodhall, Julia R. (2011). ?Exploring International Approaches to Demand-Based Rental Subsidies: Establishing Best Practices for Ontario?s Rent Supplement.? Canadian Policy Network: London, ON (Also available through the Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing).
- Woodhall, Julia R. and Muszynski, Alicja (2011). ?Fordism at Work in Canadian Coffee Shops.? Just Labour, (17-18) Special Edition: New Voices in Labour.
- Goyder, J, Faller, A. and Woodhall, J. (2010). ?Who Belongs to the CSA?? Canadian Sociological Association: Technical Report.
- Woodhall, Julia R. and Leach, Belinda (2010). ?Who Will Fight for Us?: Union Designated Women?s Advocates in Auto Manufacturing Workplaces.? Just Labour, (16) 44-58.
- Woodhall, J., Leach, B., MacMeekin, A., McDonald, M., Smith, L. (2009). ?Making it Work: Key Tips for Obtaining, Maintaining and Thriving in Auto Manufacturing Work.? Community based publication: Canadian Labour Congress.
- BAH Sociology: University of Guelph
- MA Sociology: University of Guelph
- PhD Sociology & Legal Studies: University of Waterloo
- Certificate in University Teaching: University of Waterloo